Summer 2015 ID Summit schedule

SLCC has provided a schedule and a little teaser for ID Summit:

10:00 – 10:15 — Welcome

10:15 – 11:00 — Instructional design activity

11:00 – 11:45 — Keynote address: STEM Online and Other Legends, Shawna Haider, Associate Professor of Mathematics, SLCC

11:45 – 12:15 — Lunch

12:15 – 1: 00 — Session 1: OER Myths and Tall Tales, Jason Pickavance, Educational Initiatives Director, SLCC and Paula Michniewicz, Instructional Designer, SLCC

1:00 – 2:00 — Mini-sessions: The Myth of Multitasking, Jeff Brandt, Instructional Designer, SLCC; Working with Faculty; Unicorns, Holy Grails, and Other Myths, Bob Lindsay, Assistant Director of Instructional Design and Development, SLCC

Here is a preview of some of the mythbusting that we’ll be doing: “When I talk to students about taking online courses, I advise them to think carefully about their strengths and areas of struggle, learning styles, and the discipline of the class they are considering taking online in order to ensure a good fit. I give them the example that I personally would feel confident taking any Humanities or Social Science class online, but would really hesitate to take a science or math class online; however, I would be willing to take THIS online math class and would feel very comfortable doing so.” — Reviewer of Math 1220 – Calculus II

We look forward to seeing everyone on July 17.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.